Last Updated on June 29, 2021 by Logansport Memorial Hospital
As COVID-19 cases continue on a downward trend, thanks to vaccination efforts and the continued use of personal protective equipment (PPE), it is time to make changes once again to our Visitor Restrictions policy and our screening process at the entrances. The Indiana State Department of Health has recently issued new guidance for hospitals that allows us to return to pre-pandemic visitation in July, so that patients and families can be together as needed for support through ongoing health conditions and difficult situations.
Logansport Memorial ispleased to share that beginning Thursday, July 1, the following changes will be in effect:
- The screening process at the Main Entrance, Medical Office Building East, and in the ER will stop.
- Visiting hours will return to normal, and patients may routinely bring additional visitors with them as needed for appointments.
- Visitor limitations may still be made at the discretion of the physicians or the nursing staff, based on patient needs or other unit activities.
- Children under the age of 18 who are patients must still be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Although these changes to screening and visitation are exciting for all of us, there are still some things that will NOT be changing:
- All staff and visitors are still required to wear masks at all times.
- Social distancing of 6 feet apart is still in effect and still applies to all waiting areas throughout the hospital.
- LMH Entrances will continue using the same restricted hours that we have been using during COVID
- Main Entrance open from 6 a.m.—5:30 p.m.
- MOB East Entrance open from 7:30 a.m.—5 p.m.
- ER open 24/7; to be used in evenings and on weekends
- Each entrance (Main, MOB East, and ER) will have stations with masks, a standing scanner machine for checking temperatures, and hand sanitizer stations.
Patients and visitors are still asked to consider limiting the number of visitors that accompany them to the hospital whenever possible, due to space limitations in several of our waiting areas and physician offices.
Thank you for your patience with these policies for such an extended period of time.We look forward to continuing to serve you and your family for your healthcare needs.
SOURCE: News release from Logansport Memorial Hospital