Last Updated on June 29, 2022 by Cass County Online
Within Logansport City Limits
Consumer fireworks may only be used, ignited or discharged within the corporate limits of the City of Logansport during the following times in observance of Independence Day and New Year’s Eve.
- Between the hours of 5 p.m. and two hours after sunset on June 29-30 and July 1-3 and 5-9
- Between the hours of 10 a.m. and midnight on July 4
- Between the hours of 10 a.m. on December 31 and 1 a.m. on January 1.
The use, ignition or discharge of consumer fireworks other than during the above time periods shall constitute an infraction and shall be subject to a fine of $100.
Firework questions or concerns, please contact the Code Enforcement office at 574-753-4381. If after hours, please contact the dispatch center at 574-722-6060
Ordinance 2007-38 (above) regulates the use of consumer fireworks within city limits.
Fireworks are NOT permitted in Logansport’s parks.
In areas of Indiana not limited further by local ordinances:
Throughout the year it is legal to set off fireworks from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m., but this may be limited further by local ordinances. Citizens should check with local officials.
- On state holidays it is legal to set off fireworks from 9 a.m. to midnight, but this may be limited further by local ordinances.
- The times on the following dates are protected in Indiana for consumer use of fireworks and may not be prohibited by local ordinance:
- June 29-July 3: from 5 p.m. until two hours after sunset;
- July 4: from 10 a.m. to midnight; and
- July 5-July 9: from 5 p.m. until two hours after sunset.
- Fireworks can only be purchased by persons 18 years of age or older.
- Fireworks use is limited to personal property, the property of someone who has approved the use of fireworks or at a location designated specifically for the use of consumer fireworks.
For more fireworks safety tips, visit www.GetPrepared.in.gov. Contact local officials for more information on local ordinances and fireworks limitations.