Duties and Responsibilities:
• Tears down, operate and facilitates setup. Maintenance, or changeover of one or more slide forming machines or punch presses to automatically punch, cut, and form metal strips and wire by machine action to fabricate metal stampings.
• Tends to production machines after having been set up, understands lubricating oil usage, the proper collection, and disposal of oil.
• Works with the Tooling department to resolve tooling issues and make improvements.
• Reads and understands blueprints and Operator Instruction Sheets in order to monitor product quality.
• Uses proper measurement techniques, records dimensional checks, and enters data into the SAP system.
• Performs transactions in the computer system and performs the necessary administrative duties to maintain the production control system.
• Troubleshoots problem jobs and other failures within the cell to improve efficiencies has an “operational and visual awareness” of production machines.
• Keeps work area organized, clean, and stocked with supplies.
• Assists in the removal of tooling at the end of the run, clean machine, does pre-setup.
• Understands the cost of scrap contamination and guard against it.
• Must work in a safe manner and adhere to A Raymond’s EHS values.
• Must have mechanical aptitude, analytical skills, and dependability.
• Ability to understand work/in-process work instructions, problem solve and works well with others.
• Must have at least 1 year of machine operating experience and set up.
• Frequent bending, twisting, climbing and walking.
• Ability to climb a ladder.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
MEASURE OF PERFORMANCE:
• Accuracy and integrity of work.
• Ability to continually develop skills and adapt to new technologies and techniques.
• Annual appraisals and functional competencies.
• Attendance record.