Website Cross-Wind United Methodist Church
Summary statement of duties: The director of youth ministries is responsible for developing a statement of mission, vision, values, and goals that are consistent with the comparable statements of the church. The director shall manage ministry to youth, grades 6-12, with the ultimate goal of helping our youth to live Christ-centered lives. This management includes working with the youth ministry team, managing the program, enhancing youth fellowship opportunities, nurturing the faith of youth, encouraging outreach by youth, and deepening discipleship opportunities of the youth.
1. A personal commitment to Jesus Christ through enthusiastic leadership of youth ministry.
2. B. A. Degree from accredited college.
3. Has some experience in working with youth and sharing their faith.
4. Ability to work with teens and their families.
5. Will be expected to adhere to all Child Protection Guidelines, including screening volunteers prior to their involvement in ministry, and the reporting of violations to the proper authorities, in adherence to Indiana law.
6. Pleasing personality with a demonstrated ability to work with other adults.
1. Develop a youth ministry team. The director shall make regular reports to the Staff Parish Relations Committee. The director will screen, train, and provide support for a steady and consistent group of adult role models who volunteer in the implementation of the youth ministries program. The director will convene the youth ministry team at least every other month and will chair the team.
2. Manage the program. The director will meet with Senior Pastors weekly, keep regular office hours, develop personal relationships with the youth, be present at the activities of youth in school, know the school calendar, keep parents informed, keep the church informed through the newsletter/website/Facebook page, keep within budget limits, and attend Administrative Council meetings.
3. Enhance fellowship opportunities for youth through periodic gatherings of all youth groups and encourage participation of all youth in retreats, camping, mission, and District and Conference events. Enlist appropriate youth in confirmation process.
4. Nurture the faith of our youth through Bible-based lessons and programs, encourage commitments to Christ, be an advocate for youth involvement throughout the congregations, plan discipleship experiences, and provide for confirmation in conjunction with the Senior Pastor.
5. Encourage outreach by youth through constructing and implementing at least three projects per year and provide for educational and training opportunities in mission.
6. Deepen discipleship opportunities by identifying those students who are mature in their faith and provide deeper and more challenging faith experiences for those youth, provide leadership training for youth, help youth learn to share their faith, and help youth to defend their faith.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com