Last Updated on May 17, 2016 by cassnetwork
Indianapolis – Today the fourth wave of 17 days of concerts was announced that will be part of the Free Stage lineup at the 2016 Indiana State Fair, which will take place August 5-21. Each night of the Fair features a concert that is free with paid State Fair admission.
The fourth round of shows announced today adds to the list that makes for the concert value of the summer!
- Night Ranger – Friday, August 5
- Hispanic/Latino Music Festival presented by Honda featuring El Dasa – Sunday, August 7
- Contemporary Christian Music Festival starring: Jason Grey, Zealand Worship, SHINEBRIGHT, The Lasting Hope and The Dave Chisham Band– Sunday, August 14
- Mountain Dew Gospel Music Festival starring: Karen Clark Sheard & Chicago Mass Choir – Sunday, August 21
State Fair tickets are available online now at a discounted rate of $8 plus transaction fees on the Indiana State Fair website. Tickets can also be purchased at the Indiana Farmers Coliseum Box Office during regular business hours at the discounted rate. Tickets purchased at the gate are $12.
Purchase of an Indiana State Fair ticket allows for general admission to the Free Stage concert seating area. No seats can be reserved unless otherwise specified. In response to customer demand and in an effort to improve the customer experience the Indiana State Fair will sell alcohol in a designated area at the Free Stage. For more information please visit our website.
NIGHT RANGER: With 30+ years in the business, and more than 17 million albums sold worldwide, Night Ranger has proven that they can still “Rock in America”!
It all started when five hard-rockin’ kids from the San Francisco Bay Area joined forces in the early 80’s to form Night Ranger. Like no other rock band, Night Ranger both epitomized and transcended the sound and style of that decade.
In 1983, Night Ranger earned widespread acclaim with their multi-platinum album Midnight Madness, which included their smash hits “Sister Christian,” “When You Close Your Eyes” and the anthemic “(You Can Still) Rock In America.”
Over the years, the band’s music has made notable contributions to and been featured in many different areas of media and popular culture. Night Ranger’s songs can be heard in the Rock Band, Guitar Hero and Grand Theft Auto video games; Rock of Ages hit Broadway musical and feature film; the Oscar-nominated film Boogie Nights, Friday the 13th, the Secret of My Success; TV Shows – Glee, American Dad, Grey’s Anatomy, Parks & Recreation; JBL’s “Hear The Truth” campaign; and many more! To date, Night Ranger has sold 17 million units worldwide and boasts many platinum- and gold-certified albums.
The band released their 10th studio album, HIGH ROAD, this Summer via label home Frontiers Records. Of the new album, frontman/bassist/songwriter Jack Blades commented, “It’s a great time to take a trip down the HIGH ROAD! Our new record features classic Night Ranger feel-good, high-energy kick-ass rock n’ roll.” Drummer/singer Kelly Keagy added, “We’re so proud of this new record and excited to get back on the road to bring the new music to our fans.”
The band continues their non-stop touring schedule, playing to sold-out crowds around the world, with stops in the US, including Hawaii, Europe, and Japan.
Night Ranger is Jack Blades (bass guitar, vocals), Kelly Keagy (drums, vocals), Brad Gillis (lead & rhythm guitars), Keri Kelli (lead & rhythm guitars) and Eric Levy (keyboards).
About the Indiana State Fairgrounds & Event Center
The Indiana State Fairgrounds and Event Center is a modern public event facility that annually hosts more than 300 meetings, shows, sports and agricultural events, including the Indiana State Fair. The year-round management of the Fairgrounds is overseen by the Indiana State Fair Commission which is a quasi-governmental agency that was established in 1992, with the mission to preserve and enhance the Indiana State Fairgrounds and the annual Indiana State Fair for the benefit of all citizens of Indiana. Additional information is available at www.indianastatefair.com.
Additional 2016 Indiana State Fair Free Stage concerts announced so far include:
- Neal McCoy, presented by HANK FM – Saturday, August 6
- Aaron Tippin, presented by WFMS – Monday, August 8
w/ special guest Hunter Smith Band
- Granger Smith featuring Earl Dibbles Jr., presented by WFMS – Tuesday, August 9
- Happy Together Tour – Wednesday, August 10
starring: The Turtles feat. Flo & Eddie, Chuck Negron formerly of Three Dog Night, Gary Puckett & The Union Gap, The Cowsills & Mark Lindsay (former lead singer of Paul Revere & The Raiders) and The Spencer Davis Group
- The Fray – Thursday, August 11
- 38 Special – Friday, August 12
- The Bacon Brothers – Saturday, August 13
- Blues Traveler – Monday, August 15
- Maddie & Tae, presented by HANK FM – Tuesday, August 16
- Lauren Alaina presented by HANK FM – Wednesday, August 17
w/ special guest Clare Dunn
- Anthony Hamilton – Thursday, August 18
- ABBA The Concert (A Tribute to ABBA) – Friday, August 19
- Laura Marano – Saturday, August 20 (1pm & 3:30pm shows)
- The Reverend Peyton’s Big Damn Band – Saturday, August 20 (7:30pm show)
All shows subject to change without notice.
SOURCE: News release from Indiana State Fair