Last Updated on March 14, 2021 by Cass County Online
The following information on trash and recycling pickup has been compiled from various sources serving Cass County, Indiana.
CASS COUNTY RECYCLING DISTRICT:
Several recycling programs are offered through the Cass County Recycling District.
Curbside recycling pickup is available for Logansport city residents through Republic Services. For more information, contact 800-989-2539.
Cass County residents may use the permanent recycling stations located at:
- Cass Co. 4-H Fairgrounds
- Pioneer Elementary School
- Walton Christian Church
- Galveston Utilities
- Washington Township 350 south/50 east (Behind Industrial Park)
- Twelve Mile (Old Elevator Property).
Find information about the kinds of items that can be placed in the bins and the schedule for when the bins are emptied here.
For more information, call the Cass County Recycling District at 574-732-9253 or visit their website at https://recyclecasscounty.org/
The Cass County Recycling District Office is located at 518 High St. in Logansport.
CITY OF LOGANSPORT TRASH SERVICE:
Trash service for residents within the Logansport city limits is provided by Republic Services to single or duplex residents.
RECYCLING: All single-family customers have been issued a blue 95-gallon wheeled recycle cart with a light blue lid. These recycle carts will be set out alongside the trash cart on your designated recycle collection route day (every other week). See the schedule here. (PDF)
BULK ITEM PICKUP: At a designated time each month residents will be allowed to set out extra bags of trash or large items at no additional cost to the residents. Residents will be allowed to set out up to 2 items per month at the designated time.
Per the City of Logansport, the schedule will be as follows based on the customer’s regular trash pickup day:
• Monday Pickup will be the 3rd Monday of each month
• Tuesday Pickup will be the 4th Tuesday of each month
• Wednesday Pickup will be the 2nd Wednesday of each month
• Thursday Pickup will be the 2nd Thursday of each month
• Friday Pickup will be the 1st Friday of each month
If you still need additional items collected that cannot fit inside your trash cart there are two additional prepaid programs:
• Prepaid Extra Trash Bags Tags/Stickers (extra trash bags not to exceed 30-gallon [tall kitchen bag] outside the 96-gallon cart with lid closed) $2.00 per sticker to be set out during regular trash collection day.
• Bulk/Heavy Items – Defined as larger pieces of furniture, mattresses, box springs, chairs, sofas, rolls of carpet and padding, and non-Freon® household appliances not to exceed 40 lbs. $25.00 per item prepaid by resident by contacting Republic Services directly to pre-schedule pickup of such items.
Stickers can be purchased at:
- D&R Fruit Market, 931 W. Market Street
- McCords Do It Best, 2865 E. Market Street
- Martins Supermarket, 3420 E. Market Street
- Tienda La Bendicion, 1304 E. Broadway
- Schwering Realty, 431 E. Broadway
For trash totes, recycling bins and information about items that are accepted please contact Republic Services at 1-800-989-2539.
Please call the Cass County Recycling District at 574-732-9253 to dispose of electronics (anything with a cord), TVs, tires, light bulbs, vacuums, and batteries (except alkaline).
Find more information from the Logansport Street Department, including details on disposal of appliances with freon, here.
Businesses and residents who live outside the Logansport city limits will need to make their own arrangements with a vendor for trash pickup.
DUMPSTER REQUESTS – LOGANSPORT RESIDENTS
Contractors and Logansport residents are reminded that dumpster requests need to be presented to the Logansport Board of Public Works and Safety for approval PRIOR to Dumpster placement if being placed on city streets.
Request forms are available in the Logansport Building Commissioner office, 601 E. Broadway Room 303, Logansport IN 46947.
The Logansport Board of Public Works and Safety meets every Wednesday at 9 a.m. in the Logansport City Council Chambers Room. Requests received prior to 9 a.m. on Tuesday will be on the agenda for discussion and/or approval the following day.
Contractors and/or residents are urged to plan ahead before acting on these issues to avoid problems.
You may call the Logansport Street Department at (574) 753-4610 if you have questions or find more information, including the dumpster request form, at http://www.cityoflogansport.org/departments/street-department/
Here are the City of Logansport’s guidelines for disposal of yard waste: http://www.cityoflogansport.org/departments/street-department/composting-brush-leaves-yard-waste/
Here is additional information from the Cass County Recycling District: https://recyclecasscounty.org/programs/yard-waste
According to the Indiana Department of Environmental Management (IDEM), Indiana’s open burning laws and rules make it illegal to burn trash and generally prohibit open burning in Indiana, except for exempt burning activities. Where exemptions apply, you must follow requirements and conditions in state rules and local ordinances. Open burning for fire training, disaster debris management, land clearing, and prescribed burns require IDEM’s prior approval.
Find more information at https://www.in.gov/idem/openburning/.