PLAINFIELD, Ind. – Duke Energy has awarded grants of up to $5,000 to 19 Indiana economic development groups for two separate programs.
“The Marketing Partnership Program and the Foreign Direct Investment Partnership Program are designed to help local economic development groups strengthen marketing efforts to help attract jobs and investment to the communities within our Indiana service territory,” said Erin Schneider, director of economic development for Duke Energy Indiana.
To qualify for program consideration, each applicant must submit a marketing plan that has a direct impact on the community’s economic growth and supports Duke Energy’s economic development goals. Grant funding does not include travel, lodging, food and beverage and entertainment expenses.
The economic development organizations receiving the 2019 grants include:
- Boone County Economic Development Corporation
- Cass County Economic Development
- Crawford County Economic Development Corporation
- Greater Lafayette Commerce
- Hamilton County Economic Development Corporation
- Hancock County Economic Development Council
- Hendricks County Economic Development Partnership
- Jackson County Industrial Development Corporation
- Morgan County Economic Development Corporation
- Pike County Economic Development Corporation
- Accelerate West Central Indiana
- I-74 Business Corridor Group
- Indiana Technology Corridor
- North Central Indiana Economic Development Partnership
- Radius Indiana / Bloomington Economic Development Corporation
- Southwest Indiana Development Council
- Shelby County Development Corporation
- Grow Wabash County
- Whitley County Economic Development Corporation
SOURCE: News release from Duke Energy