SOURCE: News release from Logansport Memorial Hospital
In an effort to be accessible for our community as the COVID-19 outbreak evolves in Cass County, the Cass County Health Department and Logansport Memorial Hospital are making changes to the hours of operation for the COVID-19 walk-in respiratory clinic.
Beginning Wednesday, April 1, 2020, we will be extending hours by adding a second shift of staff. New hours of operation will be 8 a.m. –8 p.m. every day: Monday-Friday, and on weekends.
The clinic location is still in the Community Building at the Cass County 4-H Fairgrounds: 2281 E Co Road 125N in Logansport.
- As an additional precautionary measure, there is no waiting area inside the clinic. Please park in front of the Community Building and put your flashers on. A clinic staff member will come out to screen you at your car.
- If there is a wait time to be seen, patients will be asked to wait in their cars in isolation.
- When they are ready for you, please have your insurance card and government ID (i.e. driver’s license) ready before you walk in the doors. As a reminder, the hospital’s zero visitation policy applies to this off-site clinic as well. No visitors are allowed with patients who walk-in to be seen. The only exception to this is that one healthy adult must accompany any pediatric patient under the age of 18 who is waiting to be seen.
At this time, Express Medical Center will be closed until further notice. All non-emergent and non-respiratory related health conditions will be seen and treated in Logansport Memorial’s Occupational Health clinic, also known as Healthy Companies. At this time, the Occupational Health clinic will be open as a walk-in clinic, like Express Medical Center has been.
Patients who need non-emergent care after-hours or on weekends should follow this process:
- Please come to the hospital through the ER Entrance. Expect to be screened about any symptoms you are experiencing and to have your temperature taken.
- Patients will be triaged after screening and redirected to be seen by a provider in the appropriate area:
- Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. –4 p.m.: you will be seen in Suite 270 (Family Medicine), Suite 170 (Internal Medicine), or Suite 330 (Pediatrics), depending on your healthcare need. You will not need an appointment; staff will assist you as a walk-in during these hours if you need to be seen, as Express Medical Center would have done.
- Monday-Friday from 4 p.m. –midnight: you will be seen in the Occupational Health clinic (Healthy Companies).
If you have respiratory-related symptoms, you will be directed to the walk-in respiratory clinic at the 4-H Fairgrounds.
If you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency, you will be seen in the Emergency Department
ORIGINAL POST ON MARCH 27, 2020:
SOURCE: News release from Logansport Memorial Hospital
Because the COVID-19 drive-thru screening site has been well-received and widely used by our community, the Cass County Health Department and Logansport Memorial Hospital are taking additional steps to relocate and expand services, by opening a dedicated, walk-in respiratory clinic in the Community Building at the Cass County 4-H Fairgrounds.
This clinic will open on Saturday, March 28, 2020, beginning at 9 am. It is a walk-in clinic that will follow these hours and details for operating through the week:
- Monday –Friday: 8 a.m. –5 p.m.
- Saturday –Sunday: 9 a.m. –2 p.m.
- Hours could be expanded based on community need.
- Location: Community Building at the Cass County 4-H Fairgrounds2281 E Co Road 125 N; Logansport, IN 46947
Drive-thru screening at the Penman Building will stop, so that all screening and treatment can take place at this new dedicated respiratory clinic on the Fairgrounds. This walk-in respiratory clinic is intended to replace the drive-thru screening as the designated screening and testing site for COVID-19 in Cass County.
“A dedicated, walk-in respiratory clinic can minimize the potential of exposure to others who may have different urgent care or general medical needs,” commented Serenity Alter, Cass County Health Department Administrator. “It helps us keep potentially infected people away from those who likely are not. Please remember that our process for COVID-19 testing has not changed –at this new respiratory clinic, you will be screened about your symptoms. Patients will only be tested if they are symptomatic (with fever, cough, and/or shortness of breath) and if they meet the criteria outlined by the CDC and the Indiana State Department of Health.”
As an additional precautionary measure, the respiratory clinic will not have a waiting room –patients will be asked to wait in their cars. Patients who show up to “walk-in”should expect that they could be in their car for an extended amount of time until they can be seen.
Respiratory clinic patients will be directed to a designated area of the parking lot at the Cass County 4-H Fairgrounds, and remain in their car for an initial screening. Based on triage and testing, they will be masked and taken into the facility as needed for additional assessment, and direction on treating symptoms.The walk-in respiratory clinic will be staffed by an LMH provider. If you have questions about treating your symptoms after returning home, please call your primary care provider.
The walk-in respiratory clinic will follow the same existing policy in place at Logansport Memorial Hospital: no visitors will be allowed with adult patients, and only one well adult visitor will be allowed with a pediatric patient under the age of 18.
With the opening of this dedicated, walk-in respiratory clinic, Express Medical Center has converted back to normal operations, effective immediately. Walk-in patients will be seen at Express Medical Center for the same-day care they need for minor illnesses and injuries. All patients with respiratory-related symptoms will be redirected for screening and care at the walk-in respiratory clinic.
If you have questions about utilizing this new clinic, please call the Cass County Health Department at (574) 753-7760.