Last Updated on June 11, 2020 by Cass County Online
NOTE: Please read the updated press release from the Governor’s Office here.
Indiana Governor Eric J. Holcomb announced today that Cass County is one of three Indiana counties that will move to Stage 3 of the Back on Track Indiana Plan on June 1, 2020.
The other two counties that will advance on June 1 are Lake and Marion.
The rest of the state is able to move to Stage 3 on Friday, May 22.
The Governor said he will sign an executive order tomorrow (May 21) outlining the details of Stage 3 and more info will be posted on backontrack.in.gov.
(Screenshots from Governor Holcomb’s media briefing on May 20, 2020).
Stage 3: State will advance to Stage 3 on Friday, May 22. Continues through June 13. Lake, Marion and Cass Counties move to Stage 3 on June 1.
- Social gatherings of up to 100 people
- Restaurant dining rooms remain open at 50 percent capacity
- Retail stores, malls open to 75 percent capacity
- Gyms, YMCAs, fitness studios may open with restrictions
- Community pools, campgrounds may open
- Recreational sports practices may begin, following guidelines (Contact sports such as football and lacross are prohibited)
- Basketball, tennis, soccer and baseball courts and fields may open
- Youth summer day camps may begin June 1
- Raceways can begin competition with no spectators
- State park inns will be reopening
Executive Order issued Thursday will extend prohibition on turning off utilities and filing mortgage foreclosures and evictions; extends deadlines to acquire or renew drivers licenses, vehicle registrations and similar BMV documentation. These are extended until July 1, 2020.
- Hoosier 65 and older or people at high-risk should remain cautious and limit exposure
- Face coverings are recommended for everyone
For more information, visit backontrack.in.gov.