Last Updated on August 11, 2021 by Cass County Online
The National Weather Service has issued the following information. Find more info here.
HEAT ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 1 PM EDT /NOON CDT/ THIS AFTERNOON TO 8 PM EDT /7 PM CDT/ THIS EVENING…
* WHAT…Heat index values 95 to 105 degrees expected.
* WHERE…Portions of northern Indiana, southwest Michigan and northwest Ohio.
* WHEN…From 1 PM EDT to 8 PM EDT August 11, 2021
* IMPACTS…Hot temperatures and high humidity may cause heat illnesses to occur.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Heat advisory conditions are expected again Thursday.
PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS… Drink plenty of fluids, stay in an air-conditioned room, stay out of the sun, and check up on relatives and neighbors. Young children and pets should never be left unattended in vehicles under any circumstances. Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside. When possible reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat stroke. Wear lightweight and loose fitting clothing when possible. Anyone overcome by heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location. Heat stroke is an emergency! Call 9 1 1.
Thunderstorms are possible today and tonight (8/11). The storms may be accompanied by damaging winds and very heavy rainfall. .
Thunderstorms are possible Thursday (8/12) and Friday (8/13). The storms may be accompanied by strong gusty winds and locally heavy rainfall. Afternoon heat index values are expected to range from 98 to 105 degrees Thursday.