Last Updated on February 4, 2022 by Logansport Parks and Recreation Department
The Logansport Parks & Recreation Department has announced that sledding is in full swing at Spencer Park now that the snow has arrived. Sledding is one of the best activities in town when the heavy snows come and school’s out! Sliding down the hill in the snow is a lot of fun for all ages.
We want you to have fun, but please keep you and your family safe when participating in this wonderful winter tradition! The following rules for sledding are meant to keep everyone safe:
- It is recommended that all persons occupied in downhill winter recreational activities (sledding, snowboarding, tubing) wear personal safety equipment consisting of protective helmets. Failure to wear protective equipment exposes users to risk of bone fracture, concussion and other serious or fatal injury upon falling or collision with other users.
- Children, 10 years of age and under, must be accompanied by an adult.
- Proceed downhill when clear of other persons.
- Spectators must stay clear of the sledding area.
- No other items such as benches, tables, wood materials or other objects used as
ramps or jumps are allowed on the sledding hill.
- Hours: 8 am to 10 pm.
- The Logansport Parks & Recreation Department has the right to close the downhill winter recreation locations to the public at any time without notice.
- Please report maintenance concerns to the Logansport Parks Department at
574- 753-6969. A message may be left 24 hours a day.
Warning: Downhill winter recreational activities are not supervised. Any use of Logansport Parks for downhill recreational activities is at your own risk.
Those with questions may contact the Logansport Parks & Recreation office at 574-753-6969 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further clarification.
SOURCE: News release from Logansport Parks and Recreation Department