Last Updated on June 13, 2022 by Indiana State Fair
INDIANAPOLIS, IN — The Indiana State Fair and Corteva Agriscience are proud to unveil the highly anticipated 2022 Featured Farmers that will be honored at this year’s Indiana State Fair. In its seventh year, this program celebrates and helps put a face on Hoosier agriculture by connecting consumers with fellow Hoosiers who grow the food they eat. These 18 farm operations represent all regions of the state, showcasing different agricultural products throughout the 18-day State Fair, July 29-August 21.
“Our Featured Farmers program connects fairgoers to Hoosier farmers daily during the State Fair with opportunities to learn more about where their food comes from,” said Cindy Hoye, executive director, Indiana State Fair Commission. “These farmers have incredible stories to tell, and we are proud to honor and celebrate them.”
Visitors to the Indiana State Fair can attend a live chat at 2:30 p.m. in the Glass Barn with a Featured Farmer every day of the Fair, in addition to many other opportunities to talk with that day’s Featured Farm family and learn about their operation. To learn more about the farmers, visit IndianaStateFair.com.
“Corteva Agriscience, is pleased once again to be the presenting sponsor of the Featured Farmer program at the Indiana State Fair. During the past seven years of sponsoring the Featured Farmer program, we have been able to honor farm families from across the state and provide an opportunity for fairgoers who are consumers to meet these farmers who spend their days working to feed all of us,” said Susan Carney, Strategic Marketing Communications Leader, Corteva Agriscience.
Here is the complete list of featured farmers, farm products and their home counties:
• (July 29) Sheller Family Farms (Corn), Hamilton County
• (July 30) Martin Family Farms (Swine), Warren County
• (July 31) Red Frazier Bison Ranch (Bison), Greene County
• (August 3) Goin’s Blueberry Lane (Blueberries), Starke County
• (August 4) Gutwein Popcorn (Popcorn), Pulaski County
• (August 5) Hodgen Farms (Soybeans), Putnam County
• (August 6) New Age Provisions Farm (Urban Farmer), Marion County
• (August 7) Eggersman Brothers Cattle (Beef Cattle), Jackson County
• (August 10) Salomon Farms LLC (Corn/Soybeans, Custom baling), Whitley County
• (August 11) Countryside and Apple Hill Orchards (Apples), Vanderburgh
• (August 12) Wagler Dairy (Dairy Cattle), Brown County
• (August 13) Dutch Valley Growers (Tomatoes & Onions), LaPorte County
• (August 14) Superior Dairy (Dairy Cattle), DeKalb County
• (August 17) 3D Valley Farm (Maple Syrup and other farm delicacies), Harrison County
• (August 18) Mark & Peggy Jones (Hardwoods), Orange County
• (August 19) Bourbon Bound Farms (Whiskey/Corn/Cover Crops), Jackson County2
• (August 20) Lick Creek Flower Company (Flowers), Madison County
• (August 21) Scott Farms (Wheat, Corn & Soybeans), Cass County