Last Updated on July 28, 2022 by Cass County Community Foundation
The Cass County Community Foundation announced the names of eight organizations who will be recipients of the CCCF 2022 Opportunity Grants.
“Opportunity Grants are for projects of $5,000 or less that will have a positive impact in our community”, said CCCF President & CEO Deanna Crispen. She added, “ This year, due to the tremendous impact the pandemic has had regarding fundraising efforts by our grantees, our board has decided to make the funding available immediately for these important projects.”
CCCF Grants Committee Chair, Suzanne Chilcott, made the announcements and presented the awards to representatives of the organizations. Those receiving funding and their projects are:
- Emmaus Mission Center $3,414.20 for technology upgrades
- Cass County Humane Society $3,868.00 for cat kennels
- Cass County Council on Aging $4,267.00 for a gazebo & outdoor space
- Civic Players of Logansport $4,985.00 for new storage and tooling space
- Lewis Cass Alumni Association $4,000.00 for picnic tables for pavilion
- Cass County 4H $4,900.00 for concrete in the Exhibition Building
- State Theatre Preservation Society $2,800.00 for additional equipment in control booth
- Logansport Youth Baseball $5,000.00 for concrete work at batting cages
The total awarded in 2022 Opportunity Grants is $33,234.20.
Crispen shared, “our Board of Directors is still monitoring the impact the pandemic has had on our nonprofits and is providing funds now so that these projects can get underway yet this summer. CCCF Competitive Grants will be announced later this fall.
For more information about the Opportunity Grants Program or the Cass County Community Foundation please call 574-722-2200.
SOURCE: News release from Cass County Community Foundation