Last Updated on August 6, 2022 by Office of Indiana Governor Eric J. Holcomb
INDIANAPOLIS – Gov. Eric J. Holcomb is directing flags in the State of Indiana to be flown at half-staff in honor and remembrance for Elwood Police Officer Noah Shahnavaz.
On July 31, 2022, Officer Noah Shahnavaz was shot and killed while conducting a traffic stop on State Road 37 and County Road 1000 N in Madison County, Indiana.
Flags should be flown at half-staff from sunrise to sunset on Saturday, Aug. 6.
Gov. Holcomb also asks businesses and residents in Indiana to lower their flags to half-staff.
SOURCE: News release from Office of Indiana Governor Eric J. Holcomb
FUNERAL & PROCESSION:
The funeral will be Saturday, August 6, 2022, at 11:00 a.m. at ITOWN Church, 12491 E 136th Street, Fishers, Indiana 46038. At the conclusion of the funeral, Officer Shahnavaz will be escorted to Crown Hill Cemetery, 700 38th Street, Indianapolis, Indiana 46208.
The procession route from ITOWN Church, 12491 E 136th Street, Fishers, Indiana to Crown Hill Cemetery (34th street entrance) 700 38th Street, Indianapolis, Indiana 46208 is as follows:
- ITOWN Church to Brook School Road
- North (Left) on Brook School Road to Campus Parkway
- East (Right) onto Campus Parkway to Interstate 69 North
- East (Left) onto Interstate 69 North to State Road 13 (214 Exit)
- North (Left) on State Road 13 to County Road 300 S
- West (Left) on County Road 300 S to Atlantic Road
- North (Right) on Atlantic Road/ State Road 13 to State Road 37
- Continue North (Right) on State Road 37 to State Road 128
- East (Right) onto State Road 128 to County Road 900 West
- North (Left) onto County Road 900 West / Anderson Street to South “B” Street
- Continue on South “B” Street to 16th Street (Elwood)
- North (Left) onto 16th Street to Main Street/ State Road 28
- West (Left) on Main Street / State Road 28 to US 31 South (Meridian Street)
- South (Left) onto US 31 South (Meridian Street) to 34th Street
- West (Right) onto 34th Street into Crown Hill Cemetery
The procession will pause in front of the Elwood Police Department, located at 1505 South B Street, Elwood, Indiana for the final 10-42 call. The procession will then continue under a Garrison Flag, which will be located at South 16th and Main Street.
Hamilton County Emergency Management Agency shared the following information in a Facebook post:
The funeral procession will leave ITOWN Church and travel north on Brooks School Road, east on Campus Parkway, and north on Interstate 69. The procession will be extensive and is expected to impact traffic in the Saxony area from approximately 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The procession will leave Elwood and travel across State Road 28 in Madison and Tipton counties before traveling south on US 31. Sometime after 5:00 p.m., the on-ramps to southbound US 31 will be closed in Hamilton County as the procession travels south to Crown Hill Cemetery.
Drivers should consider avoiding these areas or plan for extensive delays.
“We appreciate the public’s patience and consideration as we respect the fallen public servant who gave the ultimate sacrifice,” said Dennis Quakenbush, Hamilton County Sheriff.