Local organizations are collaborating to make sure every Cass County resident is counted in Census 2020. You can help by completing the Census and by encouraging others to do the same. Local resources and information are available below. For more information, contact Michelle Dials or Zach Szmara.
The video below offers a summary of the questions that will be asked on the 2020 Census and the step-by-step process for completing the form online. It is recommended that anyone who will be helping people to complete the 2020 Census watch the video.
2020 Census Postcards – Cass County Indiana
To pick up postcards to distribute to your clients, contact The Bridge/Intersection Coffee Shop.
2020 Census Flyer – Cass County, Indiana
Please print this flyer and display it between March 1 and May 1, 2020.
2020 Census Flyer – Black and White, 2 per page. The font is very small but this may be a more economical option for your organization! PDF
#YouCountINCassCounty Census Presentation
If you would like to use the slides from the #YouCountINCassCounty presentation with your staff, board, etc., you can find them here.
#YouCountInCassCounty Census Navigator Guide
This information may be helpful for those in Cass County who are helping others to complete the 2020 Census.
2020 DATES TO KNOW
- March 12-20: Initial invitations to respond online and by phone will be delivered by the U.S. Postal Service. Areas that are less likely to respond online will receive a paper questionnaire along with the invitation to respond online or over the phone.
- March 16-24: Reminder letters will be delivered.
- March 26-April 3: Reminder postcards will be delivered to households that have not responded.
- April 8-16: Reminder letters and paper questionnaires will bedelivered to remaining households that have not responded.
- April 20-27: Final reminder postcards will be delivered to households that have not yet responded before census takers follow up in person.
If a household does not respond to any of the invitations, a census taker will follow up in person sometime between May 13 and July 31.
The Census Bureau has many additional resources available at https://2020census.gov/en/how-to-help.html
MORE INFO FROM THE CENSUS
2020 Census Mailings: Samples of mailings that households will receive in March and April 2020
Check response rates for the 2020 Census here: https://2020census.gov/en/response-rates.html
Mail Contact Strategies Viewer: Interactive Map that shows the type of invitation each area is expected to receive.
#YouCountINCassCounty Social Media Tool Kit
Businesses, organizations and residents can use the #YouCountInCassCounty Social Media Tool Kit to promote the 2020 Census. We are counting on you to respond to the 2020 Census AND to encourage others to respond.