Last Updated on January 13, 2023 by Girl Scouts of Northern Indiana – Michiana
(Fort Wayne, IN) – Girl Scouts of Northern Indiana-Michiana (GSNI-M) is excited to announce that the annual Girl Scout Cookie Program will launch Friday, January 13, 2023, with online sales only of the new “Raspberry Rally” cookie. On Friday, January 20, 2023, Girl Scouts will have the rest of the lineup of favorites on hand for direct sales, including Thin Mints, Trefoils (formerly Shortbread), Caramel deLites, Lemonades, Peanut Butter Patties, Peanut Butter Sandwich, and Caramel Chocolate Chip (gluten-free).
Cost of cookies in the GSNI-M council is $5 per package, $6 for gluten-free. The sale continues through March 20. Customers may purchase cookies:
- In person at a Girl Scout Cookie booth. Go to girlscouts.org, click on Cookies and enter your ZIP code in the “Find Cookies!” tool. You will see dates and locations for Girl Scout Cookie sales in your area.
- Online with the Digital Cookie platform. If you know a Girl Scout, tell her you want to buy cookies from her online, and she’ll take it from there!
A purchase of Girl Scout Cookies helps young entrepreneurs develop five essential life skills:
- Goal Setting: Girl Scouts learn how to set goals and create a plan to reach them.
- Decision Making: Girl Scouts learn to make decisions on their own and as a team.
- Money Management: Girl Scouts learn to expand their money smarts while running their own cookie business.
- People Skills: Girl Scouts find their voice and build confidence through customer interactions.
- Business Ethics: Girl Scouts learn to act ethically, laying a foundation for a lifetime of leadership and success.
To learn more about Girl Scouts of Northern Indiana-Michiana, visit www.gsnim.org.
About Girl Scouts® and Girl Scouts of Northern Indiana-Michiana
Today, as when founded in 1912, Girl Scouts® helps cultivate values, social conscience and self-esteem in young girls, enabling them to succeed as leaders today and tomorrow. Girl Scouts of Northern Indiana-Michiana provides leadership experiences for 4,000 girls ages 5-17. They are guided by more than 2,500 adult volunteers who mentor them and work behind-the-scenes to support Girl Scouts and our mission of building girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place.
SOURCE: News release from Girl Scouts of Northern Indiana – Michiana