Last Updated on November 20, 2020 by Logansport Parks Department
For the third year, the Logansport Parks & Recreation Department and its Foundation, will be offering a holiday display of lights at Spencer Park for the community and the surrounding area.
Christmas In the Park opening night will take place on Friday, November 29 following the Light Up Logansport Parade, and end on Christmas Eve.
- The light show will be open Tuesday through Saturday 6-9 p.m.
- Sunday evenings will be a walk-thru night from 5-8 p.m.
- Christmas in the Park will be closed on Mondays.
The Parks Department would like to thank the many local sponsoring organizations and businesses that helped make this very special event possible.
Before you go, some things to know:
- There is no cost to enjoy the holiday lights. A free-will donation will be accepted gratefully at the entrance or the exit!
- As you enter the park, you will be given a brochure that lists our generous sponsors, all of the special events and non-profits, and a series of coupons from retailers in Logansport.
- During the operating hours, people must remain in their vehicles for their own safety. No pedestrians will be permitted except on Sunday evenings.
- If you plan to attend on Sunday evenings from 5-8 p.m. for the walk-thru night, park in the lot on the north side of High Street and walk across High Street with the Crossing Guard’s assistance. Walk-thru nights will be hosted by a local non-profit, and they may have additional activities planned. Of course, be sure to dress for the weather!
- Beginning December , HoloSpex 3D glasses will be handed out on Friday and Saturday nights by local sponsoring businesses. When you go to Christmas In the Park on one of these nights, each person in the car will receive promotional “HoloSpex” glasses, a special way for you to enjoy the holiday lights.
Certain nights are hosted by various non-profits, and are raising funds for their organization. All other nights will benefit the Logansport Parks & Recreation Foundation. We encourage park visitors to give generously to these organizations that improve our quality of life throughout the community! If you are particularly interested in your free-will donation to go to a specific non-profit, here’s the schedule:
- December 1: Faith Community Fellowship Church
- December 3: Cass County Roosters
- December 4: Logansport State Hospital Helping Hands Committee
- December 8: Cass County Arts Alliance
- December 10: Cass County Dentzel Carousel
- December 11: Cass Area Down Syndrome Group
- December 15: Columbia Elementary PTO
- December 17: Franklin Elementary School
- December 18: Civic Players of Logansport
- December 22: Cass County 4-H Association
Spencer Park will remain closed to vehicle traffic throughout the holidays until the lighting décor has been removed
Daytime park users should plan to park their vehicles on the north side of High Street or near the lower pavilion to utilize the park.
The Parks Department has requested that park users please stay away from the Christmas décor in the park. It could pose a danger due to guide wires as well as electrical wires.
We do ask that all daytime walkers please stay on the sidewalk and roadway.
Questions can be directed to the Parks Administrator, Janet Fawley at 574-753-6969 or e-mail at email@example.com.
SOURCE: News release from Logansport Parks and Recreation Department