SOURCE: News release from Logansport Memorial Hospital
Beginning Monday, March 30, all patients will enter Logansport Memorial Hospital through the ER entrance. All other entrances will be locked and inaccessible to the public at this time.
(LMH announced on March 24 that no visitors will be permitted until further notice. Read more here.)
This revised process for screening and accessing the hospital is one more step Logansport Memorial Hospital is taking to protect our patients, staff, and community against the spread of COVID-19.
What LMH patients need to know:
- Please use the ER Entrance to enter the hospital.
- Valet services will still be available
- Patients will be directed in traffic on Michigan Avenue and assessed to self-park, use valet for parking assistance, or to determine if they will require additional transport through the hospital or across the hospital campus.
- For emergencies, the Phoenix Ambulance Service personnel are self-screening and monitoring their health at the beginning and end of each shift. Phoenix Ambulance Service has been in collaboration with Logansport Memorial Hospital to ensure that their staff who respond to any emergencies at this time are healthy and using appropriate precautions to care for patients.
- For patients who utilize the outpatient lab at Medical Office Building East – that lab location is now closed. Please enter through the ER entrance as early as 6 am and proceed to Suite 120 in the main hospital for your lab draw needs. Suite 120 will be the designated lab draw location available Monday-Friday from 6 a.m. –5:30 p.m.
- On Saturdays, lab draw services will be available in Healthy Companies from 7 a.m. –12 noon.
LMH staff and providers will use a designated employee entrance, separated from patients and the public.
The screening for patients will still include answering key questions related to symptoms and possible exposure, based on recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Temperature checks will also be completed, to assess for fever.
LMH staff assigned to these entrances will work as quickly as possible to safely and effectively complete the screenings; however, patients should prepare accordingly and allow extra time for this process.
As a reminder in this time of restricted access and restricted visitation, please remember that Logansport Memorial Hospital’s Community Pharmacy is also offering FREE home delivery and/or curbside pickup of your medications and prescriptions. Free home delivery is only available within the Logansport city limits. To take advantage of free delivery or curbside pickup, please call Community Pharmacy at (574) 732-0418.
Thank you again for your understanding and cooperation with our ongoing changes at this time.