Logansport IN: For the 4th year, the Logansport Parks & Recreation Department and its Foundation, will be offering a holiday display of lights at Spencer Park for the community and the surrounding area. Many sponsoring organizations and businesses are a part of this very special event. Christmas In the Park’s opening night will take place on Friday, November 27 and will end following New Year’s Weekend. The lights will remain on from dusk to dawn.
Before you go, some things to know:
- New this year, visitors will enter from East Broadway and Cass Plaza Road. As you enter Christmas In the Park, drive slowly, don’t pull over in any parking areas, and people MUST remain in their vehicles for their own safety.
- Pedestrians are not permitted. Both vehicles and guy & electrical wires pose a danger to pedestrians.
- There is no cost to enjoy the holiday lights. Though, an online donation will be accepted gratefully at https://flowto.it/P6J3wSvb?fc=0
- No volunteers will be on duty.
- In the past, holospex have been handed out by volunteers. This year, beginning December 2, holospex 3D glasses will be handed out at the sponsoring businesses. A new holospex will be available each Wednesday at a different sponsoring business. To collect them all, participants must go to that business to pick up their own holospex. Watch the Pharos Tribune ads or listen to the radio stations of Ironhorse Broadcasting to learn which businesses you’ll need to go to each week.
- Homeowners on Broadway Boulevard are encouraged to decorate their homes as well, since vehicles will use Broadway to enter Christmas In the Park.
Spencer Park’s High Street Entrance will be closed to vehicle traffic beginning November 2, through the holidays until the lighting décor has been removed. Daytime park users should plan to park their vehicles on the north side of High Street or near the lower pavilion to utilize the park. The Parks Department has requested that park users please stay away from the Christmas décor in the Park. Once again, it could pose a danger due to guy wires as well as electrical wires. We do ask that all daytime walkers please stay on the sidewalk and roadway. Questions can be directed to the Parks Administrator, Janet Fawley at 753-6969 or e-mail at email@example.com.