Last Updated on March 6, 2021 by Logansport Memorial Hospital
SOURCE: News release from Logansport Memorial Hospital
To follow safety measures and take extra precautions during our response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Logansport Memorial Hospital had to temporarily discontinue its valet parking services for patients at the hospital. Valets were still on-staff and on-hand to assist patients with directions, and with getting into the facility safely. But they were not able to physically park patient vehicles during that time.
On Monday, March 8, Logansport Memorial Hospital is pleased to announce that valet parking services will resume as a courtesy for our patients. Valet parking is currently only offered at the LMH Main Entrance, in the circle drive. Services are still temporarily postponed at the Medical Office Building East location, where the Cancer Care Center is located.
To resume offering these services safely, please note that the following steps will be taken:
- When you pull up to drop off your car, a valet will greet you and ask you what kind of assistance you need, as they have always done.
- Valets will be wearing a mask at all times, even while parking your car for you. Please consider putting your mask on as the valet approaches your vehicle, for your own safety and protection.
- Removable plastic covers for your driver’s seat and steering wheel will be applied in each vehicle before the valet gets in to park your car.
- Valets may or may not be wearing gloves while they are in your vehicle. If they are not wearing gloves in this particular situation, be assured that it still does follow our best-practice and evidence-based guidelines for infection prevention. Valets will perform hand hygiene consistently in between each parking encounter, by applying hospital-approved hand sanitizer to their hands.
- In the interest of their own health and safety, valets reserve the right to not to park your vehicle.
You will be given a card from the valet parking your vehicle, to help identify which set of keys and vehicle belong to you. When you are ready to retrieve your vehicle, please go down to the Main Entrance and present the card given to you at the time of parking. A valet will retrieve your keys and bring your car up to you. There may be a minimal wait time as they may be assisting other patients and visitors, but they will make every effort to take care of you as quickly and efficiently as possible.
As a reminder, valet services are offered between the hours of 7 a.m. –5 p.m. Monday –Friday. If you need to retrieve your keys from the securely locked podium after-hours, please use the red phone provided on the Information Desk in the Main Lobby.Someone will be notified by your phone call to come down and assist you
Logansport Memorial Hospital is pleased to continue providing this complimentary service as an added convenience to your visit with us.