Last Updated on January 12, 2022 by 500 Festival
INDIANAPOLIS – The 500 Festival announces today that registration is now open for the 2022 500 Festival Volunteer Program, presented by Citizens Energy Group.
Each year, the 500 Festival relies on a dedicated team of volunteers to ensure its events and programs continue to deliver a lasting impact for the community and attendees. The 500 Festival is looking for individuals and groups who are interested in using their time and talent to support our wide variety of programs and events in 2022. There are more than 100 areas of volunteer opportunity, filling 7,000 positions, providing a role to fit every interest and ability.
“Our 500 Festival volunteers play an integral role in producing the exciting events and programs that celebrate the magical Month of May in Indianapolis and beyond,” said Bob Bryant, president and CEO, 500 Festival. “We truly could not execute these events and celebrations without our selfless volunteers and all of their efforts to create a one-of-a-kind experience for each of our participants and attendees.”
Opportunities are available from February-May 2022, and include but are not limited to:
· Distributing snacks and beverages at runners’ services for the OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini-Marathon
· Staffing various games and activities at the Salesforce & JPMorgan Chase 500 Festival Kids’ Day & Rookie Run
· Greet and help spectators find their seats as an usher for the AES 500 Festival Parade
· Host 4th grade class study trips at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway as part of the 500 Festival & Indianapolis 500 Education Program, presented by Indiana University Health
In addition to an unforgettable experience, 500 Festival volunteers will receive:
· Free commemorative volunteer t-shirt
· Free collector’s pin
· Invitation to the 500 Festival’s Volunteer Appreciation Day hosted at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway on May 21, 2022*
· Two tickets to the 2022 Indy 500 qualifications*
· Access to the 500 Festival volunteer virtual goodie bag which contains exclusive promotions and discounts
· Snacks and beverages during volunteer shift
· Special access at 500 Festival programs and events
Information regarding opportunities, dates, time commitment and registration forms are available at 500Festival.com/Volunteer.
The 500 Festival Volunteer Program is presented by Citizens Energy Group, with additional support from HotBox Pizza and Aqua Systems.
*Volunteers must register for at least one volunteer position by April 13, 2022, to receive the invitation to the 500 Festival’s Volunteer Appreciation Day and tickets to Indy 500 Qualifications.
SOURCE: News release from 500 Festival
About the 500 Festival
Founded in 1957, the 500 Festival is a not-for-profit organization that produces more than 50 life-enriching events and programs while celebrating the spirit and legacy of the Indianapolis 500® and fostering a positive impact on the city of Indianapolis and state of Indiana. One of the largest festivals in the nation, each year more than half a million people attend an event or program produced by the 500 Festival. Since its founding, the 500 Festival has contributed more than $500 million in economic value to Indianapolis. To learn more about the 500 Festival, please visit 500festival.com or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.