Last Updated on February 9, 2022 by Cass County Online
We received the following info today by email from the Indiana Department of Health:
The Indiana Department of Health has set up a testing and vaccination clinic near you at the Cass County Fairgrounds Building. No appointment is necessary, so come in when it’s convenient for you. Register for a COVID-19 test or for the vaccine to save some time. If you have already been vaccinated, please note that testing is also available at this event.
WHEN: Noon to 8 p.m. Feb. 9-12
WHERE: Cass County Fairgrounds Building
2281 E. County Road 125 North
Logansport, IN 46947
Here are some facts you should know:
- The test and vaccine are available at no cost to you, but please submit your insurance information if you have it because clinics can charge an administration fee to your insurance.
- This site will offer PCR and rapid antigen COVID-19 tests. Testing for children age 6 months to 2 years old is available with parental assistance.
- If you live with another person who is also eligible to receive the vaccine (anyone age 5 and older), you will need to schedule two separate appointments.
- Individuals age 5-17 must receive the Pfizer vaccine. An adult must accompany children ages 5-15 to the vaccine appointment. If the adult present is not the parent or guardian, consent must be submitted in advance. For anyone age 16-17 it’s preferred that a parent or guardian accompany the minor to the vaccination site. We understand this may not always be possible. In those cases, the parent or guardian can provide written or verbal authorization.
- If you are 18 or older, you may choose to receive the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine. The Moderna and Pfizer vaccines both require a second dose to be fully protected, which will be scheduled at the time of your first dose.
- Boosters are strongly recommended for those who are:
- 12 and older and completed their primary vaccination series of Pfizer at least 5 months ago.
- 18 and older and completed their primary vaccination series of Moderna at least 5 months ago or completed their primary vaccination of Johnson & Johnson at least 2 months ago.
- IU Health offers free rides to any vaccine site in the state. If you need transportation to your vaccine appointment anywhere in the state, call 1-888-IUHEALTH (1-888-484-3258) and choose option 9.
Learn more about the COVID-19 vaccine at ourshot.in.gov.