Last Updated on November 25, 2022 by Logansport Parks and Recreation Department
For the 6th year, The Logansport Parks & Recreation Department and its Foundation, will be offering a holiday display of lights at Spencer Park for the community and the surrounding area. Many sponsoring organizations and businesses are a part of this very special event. Christmas In the Park’s opening night will take place on Friday, November 25, 2022 and will end following New Year’s Weekend. The lights will remain on from dusk to dawn.
Before you go, some things to know:
• Drive-thru nights are Wednesday through Sunday.
• Walk-thru nights are Monday and Tuesday. Parking is located on the north side of High Street directly across from Spencer Park. Pedestrians are to only use the roadway and sidewalk in the park.
• Visitors may enter from East Broadway and Cass Plaza Road. As you enter Christmas In the Park, drive slowly, don’t pull over in any parking areas, and people MUST remain in their vehicles for their own safety.
• There is no cost to enjoy the holiday lights. Though a donation may be made at the 2 donation sites at Spencer Park, or an online donation will be accepted gratefully.
• No volunteers will be on duty.
• Holospex 3D glasses will be handed out at the Light Up Logansport Parade.
• Homeowners on Broadway Boulevard are encouraged to decorate their homes as well, since vehicles will use Broadway to enter Christmas In the Park.
Spencer Park’s High Street Entrance will be closed to vehicle traffic through the holidays until the lighting décor has been removed. Daytime park users should plan to park their vehicles on the north side of High Street or near the lower pavilion to utilize the park. The Parks Department has requested that park users please stay away from the Christmas décor in the Park. Once again, it could pose a danger due to guy wires as well as electrical wires. We do ask that all daytime walkers please stay on the sidewalk and roadway. Questions may be directed to the Parks Administrator, Janet Fawley at 574-753-6969 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.