Last Updated on May 26, 2023 by Logansport Parks and Recreation Department
The Logansport Parks & Recreation Department has announced the schedule for aquatic programs at Muehlhausen Aquatic Center(MAC) located in Muehlhausen Park (formerly Tower Park):
- May 19: Splash Pad is open daily from Noon – 8:00 p.m. Later hours will be established as the weather warms. Use the touch pad to turn on the water cycling feature.
- June 6: Opening day of the MAC, from Noon – 6 Tuesdays -through Sundays. Pool is closed on Mondays.
- June 13-23: Swim lessons Session 1A and 1B in the evening
- June 24: Bike Rodeo at Muehlhausen Park begins at 10 a.m. Free day passes will be given to all who participate.
- July 4: Special Water Games and Activities to be held to celebrate the holiday.
- July 11-21: Swim lessons Session 2A & 2B in the evening
- July 25-Aug.4: Swim lesson Session 3A & 3B in the evening
- August 5: Last Day of regular pool operations for the season
- August 6: Doggy Days – an opportunity for dog owners to swim with their dogs.
Admission fees are as follows: free for children 0-4 years of age, $2.00 for children 5-16 years of age, and $5.00 for those 17 and older. Season passes are available for those that will be visiting often, 20 visits for $45, and 50 visits for $85. The charge for swim lessons will be $35 per swimmer per session.
Manager Hannah Bushaw and Assistant Manager Claire Kitchel will be in charge of keeping things going this summer at the MAC. They would like to remind you of the following:
- The advertised routine of the MAC may change due to staffing shortages during the course of the summer. We hope these issues don’t arise, but current labor shortages may reduce our ability to operate consistently. Please be patient with our staff, who are following established safety protocols.
- Visitors should come ready to swim, and keep valuables at home; Changing room and basket room will be closed.
- Some lounge chairs will be available this year, though chairs are limited.
- Do not come to the pool if you’re feeling sick or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
- Keep your hands clean by washing regularly with soap and water, or using 60% alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Free swim passes may also be awarded through the library’s Summer Reading Program. Contact the Logansport-Cass County Public Library for more information.
- Swim lessons are offered to anyone 4 years of age or older, including adults. Each session will include 8 lessons and is $35 per swimmer per session.
- Mommy & Me is a class designed to help develop the natural instincts that a child has for the water. For ages 6 months – 3 years. Child must be accompanied by a parent or guardian in the water.
- Pool Rentals are available for private parties. The entire facility is available and guards are provided. Go online, call or visit the pool for more information.
- Lap swimming is available during open swim times. Additional lap swim times have yet to be determined. General admission fees apply
To sign up for any of these activities, or purchase season passes, the public is invited to find these opportunities online at logansportparks.com, then click on the “catalog” tab.
Further questions may be directed to the Logansport Parks Department at 574-753-6969 or e-mail email@example.com , or contact the MAC as it opens on June 6 at 574-753-8806.
SOURCE: News release from Logansport Parks Department