Last Updated on November 20, 2022 by Logansport Street Department
UPDATE: The Logansport Street Department will be wrapping up loose leaf pick-up the week of November 28. Read more here.
The Street Department plans to begin loose leaf pick-up the first week of November.
The Street Department is asking for the cooperation of Logansport residents when raking leaves. If you choose to rake leaves into piles for the leaf vac to pick up, the City of Logansport asks that you follow these guidelines:
- Do not rake or blow leaves into the street
- Do not rake leaves onto the catch basins (curb drains).
- Loose leaves should be placed as close to the street as possible, but not in the street.
- Loose leaves will NOT be picked up in the alleys.
- Please do not mix limbs or trash with loose leaves because that could cause damage to the vacs and sweeper which will create delays in the leaf pick up process.
- Please do not place leaves in PLASTIC bags; plastic bags will not be picked up by the Street Department.
Those who prefer to bag their leaves may do so as long as they are placed in biodegradable yard waste bags and placed at your trash pickup site for pickup on your normal trash pickup day.
As a rule, brush piles WILL NOT be picked up during leaf season. Brush pickup will resume following leaf season, weather permitting.
Thank you for your cooperation.